Undefined by genre, era, mainstream or underground, Sound On Mars (S.O.M.) creates a space to come and discover. Definitive, limitless, enlightening, and undisguised S.O.M. is all about the music. We exalt the pioneers of the past, while celebrating the foremost artists of today and exploring the breakthrough voices of tomorrow.
ATTENTION! Sound On Mars (S.O.M.) is looking to expand our team. We are seeking creative and colorful music enthusiasts. If you’ve ever hoped to contribute to a music site in a major way, then S.O.M. could be what you’re looking for.
Of course there are a few requirements:
- Previous knowledge of Sound On Mars, our writing style and the type of artists we cover.
- A conversational/witty/reflective writing voice. Please bring your own personality and creativity.
- The ability to update multiple times per day/week.
- Experience with blogging (WordPress/blogger, etc).
- Familiarity with social networking sites (Facebook,Twitter, Tumblr).
- The ability to self-edit (spelling and grammar), fact-check, and cite your sources independently.
- Passionate about all genres of music–especially alternative/underground/independent
- Ability to attend shows, conduct interviews, and regularly correspond with editors.
If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Make sure to send:
(1) Brief bio
(2) 2-3 writing samples
(3) An explanation of what creative contributions you would bring to S.O.M.